BiNet USA is Seeking Online Funding
BiNet USA sought out funding during the recent Give Out Day, and is continuing to see donations for their all-volunteer group that helps with bisexual issues on a national level. They have reached more than $900 so far but need to raise $7,000 more for some great things they want to accomplish.
As an umbrella organization and voice for bisexual people, BiNet USA facilitates the development of bisexual communities, promotes bisexual visibility, advocates for bisexual community interests, and collects and distributes educational information regarding bisexuality. To accomplish these goals, BiNet USA helps facilitate the development and growth of bisexual organizations and individuals across the United States, and encourages participation and organizing on local, regional and national levels.
Here are some of the requests and accomplishments that some of the BiNet USA board members have.
Without donations from last year’s #GiveOut, BiNet USA would not have made it to the White House. In July 2014, Faith Cheltenham, BiNet USA President received a last minute invite to the White House to witness an executive order signing. With financial support, Faith was able to attend the signing and receive an additional invite to meet with President Obama and stand next to him as he made history for the LGBT community.
“These donations are important because we are an entirely volunteer run organization, and BiNet USA depends on your donations to keep hope alive,” Cheltenham said.
* BiNet USA treasurer and co-founder, Gary North, said his
Wish List item is:
Shared office and conference room space for BiNet USA board members to use at over 3,000 DaVinci Virtual locations.
* Help Lynnette McFadzen and The BiCast attend a New Organizing Institute training so she can keep working for bisexual empowerment as a disabled retiree. She could also use a new computer!
($800 for travel and training costs + $800 for a new computer and accessibility friendly monitor).
* One of BiNet USA’s newest board members, Dani Siragusa is the Development Events Manager for the National Center for Lesbian Rights. Dani is working with BiNet USA, National Center for Lesbian Rights and The National LGBTQ Task Force to create space for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer women to help shape an LGBT movement that truly reflects them. Help Dani attend next year’s Creating Change in Chicago so she can help kick off long lasting change for LGBTQ women.
($800 for travel and hotel as well as printed resources to provide attendees)
* Morgan recently recovered from knee surgery and has a heart for intersectional approaches to social justice. Help Morgan and other BiNet USA members create some online materials for disabled bi, pan, fluid and queer community members.
($800 for design and 100 copies to be mailed to disability and LGBT organizations)
* Help Peter and other BiNet USA volunteers like Estraven create the first ever Bisexual Lifeline to help bi+ community members survive suicidality, sexual assault, domestic violence and poor health. We’ll use the same technology Trans Lifeline uses to provide low-cost support to bi+ people everywhere.
($4,800/year for 3 phone numbers serving 3 different time zones, with each providing 1 hour of support per day)
* A longtime BiNet USA Board member, Luigi Ferrer remains engaged on many fronts as a Latino, bilingual, bisexual HIV+ male and currently serves as the Program Director for Pridelines Youth Services.
Wish List item: Luigi continues to support the South Florida Bisexual, Queer and Non-Monosexual Community and would love to launch Bisexual Awareness Week activities in South Florida. Donate today to help make it happen!
($500 for food, entertainment, publicity and event space in South Florida for an event to be held during September’s Bisexual Awareness Week)
See more at: https://www.giveoutday.org/c/GO/a/binetusa#sthash.TfMAiJ8H.dpuf